Q. How many candidates will get the scholarship?
Q. Eligibility Criteria
A. The eligibility criteria are mentioned below:
- Students must be enrolled in schools/colleges/institutions recognised by MCI / AICTE / State Education Boards/State Technical Education Boards / ICSE / ISC / CBSE.
- Students must be pursuing these courses on full-time or regular basis.
- Students can apply for Indian Oil Merit Scholarships Scheme in Class 11th or 1st year of 2 years ITI course.
- Students can apply for Indian Oil Scholarships Scheme during 1st year of MBA/MBBS/Engineering course.
- Gross joint family annual income should not exceed INR 1,00,000; however, preference will be given to candidates whose gross joint family annual income is below INR 60,000.
- Age limit for availing the scholarship is between 15 to 30 years. Age relaxation of up to 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) is permissible.
- Reservation will be as per norms of Central Government.
Q. What is the selection criteria?
A. Criteria for selection:
- Shortlisting will be done on the basis of marks obtained.
- Normalisation will be done for different state/education boards.
- Minimum qualifying marks for students under various categories are
- General- 65%
- SC/ST/OBC/Girls- 55%
- PWDs- 50%