What is the eligibility criteria?
- The scholarships are open for students studying in India and for Indian nationals, who belong to economically backward General and OBC categories.
- Applicants pursuing 1st year of Graduation in Engineering or MBBS course or 1st year of Master’s Degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA (full-time, regular courses approved by UGC/MCI/AICTE ,etc.) will be considered for this scholarship.
- Minimum 60% marks or equivalent CGPA/OGPA in Class 12 for Engineering & MBBS disciplines and 60% marks (average marks of all the years) or equivalent CGPA/OGPA are necessary in graduation for post graduation.
- The gross joint family income of the student shall not exceed INR 2 lac per annum from all sources. Income certificate must be issued from the Competent District Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st September 2016 for the academic session.
- The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship assistance/scholarship from any other source.
- The final list of the scholarship beneficiaries shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the end of December 2016.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
What is the application process?
Step 1- The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may apply online on ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com (under CSR section)
Date of start of online applications: 1st September 2016
Last date for online applications: 10th October 2016
Step 2- Duly completed application form (application printout obtained after completion of online registration process) certified by Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute/College/University, along with all supporting documents; duly attested by Head/Principal/Dean of the Institute where the student is studying; must be received by post on or before 31.10.2016, as given below:
- Marksheet of qualifying exam (mandatory)
- CGPA to percentage conversion certificate issued by University/College/Institute (wherever applicable)
- Income certificate (mandatory)
- Caste certificate (wherever applicable)
- BPL certificate (wherever applicable)
- ECS mandate form duly certified by Bank authority along with cancelled cheque/photocopy of front page of Bank pass book (mandatory)
- PAN card [PAN card would be required compulsorily before release of scholarship amount. Students may apply and obtain their PAN cards accordingly on priority.]
- Aadhaar card [Aadhaar card would be required compulsorily before release of scholarship amount. Students may apply and obtain their Aadhaar cards accordingly on priority]. Candidates must write 'ONGC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD GENERAL AND OBC CATEGORY STUDENTS' on the envelope.
Step 3- Application forms with all supporting documents needs to be sent to below address:
Post Box No-2091
How many candidates will get the scholarship?
What is the process of selection?
- Selection of the candidate will be made based on merit in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In case of students having equal percentage in the qualifying examination, students with lower family income shall be selected.
- Preference will be given to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families. Other students shall be considered only if sufficient numbers of students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families fulfilling the eligibility criteria are not available.
What are the important dates?
- Online Applications starts from 1 September 2016.
- Last date for applying online is 10 October 2016.
- Last date for receipt of duly completed application form by post is 31 October 2016.
What is the objective?
To help the financially weaker section/economically backward students of General and OBC to pursue Engineering, medical, master in Geology, Geophysics and MBA.